Sunday, September 21, 2008

news, i gots none

Do yourself a little snoopy dance because the good news is, hey, I'm not dead. I won't hear anything back until the end of the coming week. Thus far though I have discovered that my health insurance, for which I pay $450 a month, is already denying my claims despite my having a very serious condition. Can someone please explain to me why it is that I pay through the nose for this service when they consistently opt to cover ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? They demand money of which I have none so, dear aetna, take a number and get in line, you blood sucking corporate tools.

I can sort of eat again. That's swell. Maybe, if we're all good little boys and girls, the higher power who consistently seems to take pleasure in tormenting me will go bother some other barely evolved primate for a while. Unless I'm reincarnated HITLER... I think I'm due a bit of a break, don't you?

Anyway, I managed to go out to a party and, even though I look like hell, I looked like hell in a skirt so nyah. Take that, stupid Chron's Disease. I don't care if I look like a drag queen now that I'm literally skin and bones. At least I'm skin and bones trying to look like a girl no matter how pitifully I fail.

In the spirit of "nyah Chron's" I'm going to spend some time at a friend's house today so at least I'm not solely in the company of a family who rejects me. So... yay? Sure. We'll go with yay. Why not? When life gives you poo you have to make poo-ade. Yum.

4 comments:

Luka said...

There is a special circle of hell reserved for insurance agents. Whenever possible they try to weasel out of the same obligations they've been so eager to sell you into in previous years. Did they give a formal explanation why you're not covered? Sometimes it helps to make a complaint, especially if there's an ombudsman or better business bureau to assist you.

On another note, I'm sure you already know that gastrointestinal problems are a know side effect of Flutamide? Just make sure the doctors don't skip it in their checklist when trying to pinpoint the cause.

Take care and stay strong, hermit. Oh, and I hear skin and bones are de rigeur for supermodels these days.

Jamie said...

Parties and visits?

If the hermit membership review committee gets wind of this you're so out.

strongback said...

I think you sound a little more upbeat maybe? I don't know. Good to see your getting out more.

The insurance agencies need to be yelled at to do anything, in fact I think its a prerequisite. They probably mark down how many times you have called to see if you met the required yelling, screaming, crying. Maybe show em your most sad face, with a sign help me.

And did you ever think it might not be a disease but Mr. hankey trying to get out.

Good luck

Heathercam said...

Glad to hear you're getting out for a bit. A change of scenery sounds refreshing. Maybe if your insurance co continues to give you grief, you should mail THEM some poo-ade! That probably won't make them want to give you money though. :D